Thursday 20 October 2011

I'll never let ANYBODY put me in a cage



"Everything I learned I learned from the movies. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe in colors. Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up. Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it. 

 I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it. If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhilenesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough. 

It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it."

-Audrey Hepburn 

No comments:

Post a Comment